Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions

Suggestion for Assets Search

Hi,

It would be great that a search within assets would allow you to search for partial filenames. (Maybe allow the use of wildcards? )

For example if there is a file whose name is "TestProject 123456" Searching for "Test" or "Project" or "2345" would find this file.

Danny Cohen

Danny Cohen 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think we're currently matching on word boundaries, so it actually sounds like we need to be more simplistic rather than more sophisticated. Thanks.

Hi Drew, I thoroughly support Danny's suggestion. With a large number of assets it is tedious to keep remembering the exact file names. Is there a way of putting a partial file name into the Filter function perhaps? Thanks, Henry Gardner

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Any word on this Drew?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

There are Assets improvements on the list as part of the 2.9 series. I don't think they'll be in the first release (as there are a number of things we want to tackle and so it makes sense to do an Assets focussed release).

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Rachel - awesome! I'm super excited for an update on that app. We use it a ton and it's usability is key for quick content building. Link me to a forum if you'd like to see a wish list. Might be helpful?

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Hi - any update on the Assets app? We are eagerly awaiting a better way to find and search for assets.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

When there is an update it will be posted in the News as usual on release. We never pre-announce dates for features.