Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, CKEditor

CKEditor not showing after update to Perch 3.0.5

Just updated a site to 3.0.5 but the CK Editor no longer shows.

For example on a text block:

<perch:content id="text" type="textarea" label="Text" editor="ckeditor" html="true" size="xxl autowidth" required="true" />

Diagnostics are:

PHP 7.0.19 is up to date MySQL 5.5.54-cll is up to date Image processing available File upload size is low. You can only upload files up to 2M. Memory limit is low. Memory use is limited to 32M, which could cause problems manipulating large images.

Perch: 3.0.5, PHP: 7.0.19, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: b5c5906d452ec590732a93b051f3827e02749b83 $, with PDO
    Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
    Installed apps: content (3.0.5), assets (3.0.5), categories (3.0.5), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_backup (1.2)
    App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms' );
    PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
    PERCH_PATH: /home/site/public_html/perch
    PERCH_CORE: /home/site/public_html/perch/core
    PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/site/public_html/perch/resources
    Image manipulation: GD
    PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 32M, Total max file upload: 2M
    F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
    Resource folder writeable: Yes
    DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/site/public_html
    HTTP_HOST: www.site.com
    REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
    SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Andrew Areoff

Andrew Areoff 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You need to upgrade all of your apps too, plus update the apps.php as explained in the upgrade instructions.

It is important that you follow the instructions here: https://docs.grabaperch.com/perch/upgrading/

If I update the perch_blog is there a likelihood this will break the existing posts on the site?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You have to update to use Perch 3. Do it on your local version first to check.

I don't have a local version.

Are there any known pitfalls or issues when updating from 2 to 3?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

In an ideal scenario, no. But I can't guarantee that as I don't know anything about your site.

That said, you've already rendered your site inoperable by updating Core and not Blog, so I don't see what choice you have but to update. Make sure you have good backups.

Is using the Perch Backup which I notice isn't available in the current perch add-ons going to do the job in terms of the backup?

I took a backup with Perch Backup prior to updating.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You should make sure you have a backup to your own satisfaction. I'm not in a position to be able to tell you what that is.

Ok, getting there but this code is breaking my home-page layout:

<div class="bloglisthome">

<?php perch_blog_section('news'); ?> <?php perch_blog_custom(array( 'section' => 'news', 'template' => 'post_in_list_home.html', 'count' => '3', 'sort' => 'postDateTime', 'sort-order' => 'DESC',));?> </div>

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What does breaking mean?

Ok, sorted that problem.

Another issue.

I have two categories in the blog: news and blogs.

When I look in Perch and make a new blog or news post there is no dropdown under categories to set what category.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You will need to give us additional information, such as the output of debug on those pages, any errors from your error log. Plus your template. We can't help unless we have enough information to do so.

Please take a look at this information and work through the troubleshooting steps which will help you to collect enough info for us to help https://docs.grabaperch.com/perch/help/

SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='ed770ba6714a66610bab56e36b3a79de' LIMIT 1 UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='8fa61b3339cba6fd486323798ecdf1d2' WHERE userID='1' [42] SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p [23] SELECT settingID, settingValue, userID FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID ASC [9] SELECT itemValue FROM perch2_menu_items WHERE itemType='app' [0] SELECT COUNT() FROM perch2_blog_comments WHERE commentStatus='PENDING' [1] SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_authors WHERE authorEmail='andrew@areoff.com' LIMIT 1 [1] SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_posts WHERE postID=117 [3] SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_sections ORDER BY sectionTitle ASC [1] SELECT * FROM perch2_blogs ORDER BY blogTitle ASC [1] SELECT * FROM perch2_blogs WHERE blogID=1 LIMIT 1 [3] SELECT * FROM perch2_blog_sections WHERE blogID='1' ORDER BY sectionTitle ASC Using template: /addons/apps/perch_blog/templates/blog/post.html Edit mode: edit [1] SELECT * FROM perch2_menu_items WHERE itemActive=1 AND itemType='menu' AND parentID=0 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC LIMIT 0, 1 [4] SELECT mi., p.privKey FROM perch2_menu_items mi LEFT JOIN perch2_user_privileges p ON mi.privID=p.privID WHERE mi.itemActive=1 AND mi.parentID=1 ORDER BY mi.itemOrder ASC [1] SELECT itemTitle FROM perch2_menu_items WHERE itemType='app' AND itemValue='perch_blog' LIMIT 1 [1] SELECT * FROM perch2_menu_items WHERE itemActive=1 AND itemType='menu' AND parentID=0 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC LIMIT 1, 10 [2] SELECT mi.*, p.privKey FROM perch2_menu_items mi LEFT JOIN perch2_user_privileges p ON mi.privID=p.privID WHERE mi.itemActive=1 AND mi.parentID=2 ORDER BY mi.itemOrder ASC File: /addons/apps/perch_blog/modes/edit.post.php [nil] SELECT * FROM perch2_categories c, perch2_category_sets s WHERE c.setID=s.setID AND s.setSlug='blog' ORDER BY catTreePosition ASC Queries: 19 Memory: 3.4998

<article class="h-entry">

<div class="hidden"><perch:blog id="postTitle" type="text" label="Title" required="true" size="xl autowidth" order="1" /></div>

<p class="meta">
    <time class="dt-published" datetime="<perch:blog id="postDateTime" type="date" label="Date" time="true" format="Y-m-d H:i:s" divider-before="Meta information" />">
        <perch:blog id="postDateTime" type="date" time="true" format="%d %B %Y" /> 
    </time>

<perch:categories id="categories" set="blog" label="Categories" display-as="checkboxes">
        <a href="archive.php?cat=<perch:category id="catSlug" type="slug" />" class="p-category">
            <perch:category id="catTitle" type="text" />
        </a>
    </perch:categories>

</p>

<div class="description e-content">

<div class="author"><perch:blog id="authorname" type="text" label="Author name" required="false" size="xl autowidth" order="2" /></div>

<perch:blog id="postDescHTML" type="textarea" label="Post" order="2" editor="ckeditor" html="true" size="xxl autowidth" required="true" />
</div>

</article>

<perch:blog id="excerpt" type="textarea" label="Excerpt" markdown="true" order="3" suppress="true" size="s" />

These problems have come about after updating to v3.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Which version were you on before?

2.8 or 2.9 approximately.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Were you using the centralised Categories app, or the old categories that were part of the Blog app?

I don't recall using a separate app for categories. I think built into the blog.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There's a separate app for categories these days.

If I install this will it pick up the existing categories and the posts contained within them or will I need to remap them?