Forum

Thread tagged as: Shop

Perch Shop Shipping

Hi guys,

First time posting here but have been using Perch for a while on various sites, just a quick question really about Perch Shop, I'm currently building a small shop with vanilla Perch and can't quite work out how the shipping should be calculated.

I have various products which should all be included under a fixed shipping cost ( say £10 ).. Then have other products that should be calculated on the combined weight of those products ( say weight 1-5 = £5, weight 5-10 = " £10 etc ). I need there to be two shipping options standard ( which calculates the fee ) and collect in person ( free ) which I have selectable in the cart area.

The problem I'm having is how do I have some products that have a flat fee no matter how many of them are added into the cart, and some products based on weight? I can create a shipping method for the flat fee and its selectable in the cart, but then how to I tell it (within the Perch Shop admin) that the cost should go up based on weight once those other products are added into the cart?

David Clarke

David Clarke 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do the flat-fee products factor into the shipping cost once weight-based products are added to the order?

Hi Drew, thanks for the reply. Yes they do, I think thats the problem i'm coming up against, I can do the shipping based on weight that works fine and I can do the shipping based on the flat fee that's fine too... But not both at the same time under the same shipping method.

If I could somehow tag a product so that if any number of those products with that tag are in the cart a flat fee is added on-top of any weight based shipping that would be perfect, alas, I don't think that's possible out of the box?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, I can't think of a way to do that.

Ah, no worries. Thanks for looking into it though :)