Forum

Thread tagged as: Configuration, Blog

Server doesn't see /blog/index.php

I have the blog add-on installed and it has worked perfectly in my local environment. Locally, to view the main blog page I created a new page called blog and defined the location to /blog/index.php.

This behaviour is very different on my production environment. The blog page is redirected to my default page template. I was told by my hosting provider that "blog isn't a folder, therefore the request has to be forwarded to a router instead of interpreted literally". They suggested I need to add a rule to the .htaccess file and point the posts to the right direction. Is this the right way?

Diagnostics:

Health check Perch is up to date PHP 5.6.36 is up to date MySQL 5.6.39-83.1 is up to date Image processing available Summary information Perch: 3.1.1, PHP: 5.6.36, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (3.1.1), assets (3.1.1), categories (3.1.1), perch_blog (5.6.1) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', ]; PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/clientname/webapps/webapp/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/clientname/webapps/webapp/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/clientname/webapps/webapp/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD Imagick PHP limits: Max upload 20M, Max POST 20M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 20M F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807 Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: mywebsite.com DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/clientname/webapps/webapp REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Magdalena Faizov

Magdalena Faizov 0 points

• 3 years ago
Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Hi Magdalena,

It's interesting that they say that blog isn't a folder, because it should be. Have you double-checked that the blog folder is in the root directory of your server, and the index.php is inside it?

Hi Simon,

I definitely have a folder blog in my root directory, and it has the index.php file. I was just wondering if anyone had a similar issue with hosting. I thought everything will pretty obvious to set up there.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem.

Thanks, Magda

It turned out there was an issue with my hosting, should be fine now.