Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration, Runway

Duplicate Content - The data in the regions

I've asked this before, but maybe Perch 3 has addresses this long-time request for being able to duplicate pages with the content in the regions. For some context - we'd like to take any given page, duplicate it, then edit the very similar content to make sub pages. This would make building the pages very fast. But right now, it seems impossible.

Thoughts? Options for reducing the heavy lifting of content that existing just a table cell away in the database?

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

It's something we have on the backlog. As you know we get many feature requests and order them not by age but by how many people are requesting them.

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Ok thanks. Hopefully some folks chime in. I've been using Perch since the beginning and there are many occasions when a "duplicate this page and it's content" would be hugely useful.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We agree it would be useful, hence it being on the backlog. Unfortunately it's rather more complex than you suggest so it needs more demand for us to consider the work implementing and the future commitment supporting such a feature.

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Ok thanks guys. I'm sure it's quite complicated and I understand the long term effect. But I'm glad to know it's on the table. Cheers.