Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Wrong path and subfolder path when creating sub-subpages

Hi,

I'm having a problem when adding sub-subpages. When I add a subpage (i.e. 'Category 1') to my 'Articles' page everything works as expected and the resulting path becomes: '/articles/category-1/index.php'. I tell it that it will have more pages below it and the resulting subfolder path becomes: '/articles/\category-1' which again seems all fine as it should.

Page structure

• Articles
    • Category 1
      • Article testing
    • Category 2
  • Another page

Problem occurs when I try to add a sub-subpage (i.e. 'Article testing') and do the same actions, but the resulting paths are this instead:

Path

/articles/category-1/C:/inetpub/wwwroot/pure-cns/articles/category-1/article-testing/index.php

Subpage folder

/articles/\category-1/C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pure-cns\articles\category-1\article-testing

I'm also greeted by a Subpage folder does not exist error.

What am I doing wrong?

Perch is up to date
PHP 5.3.28 is very out of date. More info
MySQL 5.5.22 is up to date
Image processing available

SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8.7, PHP: 5.3.28, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Id: 731e5b87ba42146a687c29995d2dfd8b4e40b325 $, with PDO
Server OS: WINNT, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.7), assets (2.8.7), categories (2.8.7)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pure-cns\perch
PERCH_CORE: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pure-cns\perch\core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pure-cns\perch\resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 300M, Max POST 320M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 256M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.purecns.co.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pure-cns
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Kris Jeary

Kris Jeary 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What subpage folder path have you used on the parent page?

Sorry, should have included that, it's /articles

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It looks like a URL is being handle like a file path, and so is getting converted for Windows when it shouldn't be.

I'm looking into it now.

Hey Drew,

Any progress on this?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We didn't manage to get this in to 2.8.8, but I'm hoping it'll be in 2.8.9.

Thanks for getting back to me. I take it, it's a bug then?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I believe so, yes.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue (running Windows as my local dev environment). The issue seems to be the backslash that gets added to the path at the second level - so in the above example /articles/\category-1' it is the \ before "category". This same path on a Linux server gets inserted as /articles/category-1. This extra slash causes the issues with the file path and adds an extra level of "../" in the include path of the page.

Note that I was able to manually fix this by removing the extra backslash in the field, but this is an issue on Windows servers.

Hi Sara,

Trying to figure I too noticed the errant backslash and removing it manually seemed to help I can't expect our clients to have to do this every time they create a new page.

Thanks anyway though.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does this still happen with the current version?

Yes, still happens with Perch 2.8.13.

Hi, I'm having a similar issue.

My perch environment is: prototypes.mysite.com/client-name/dev/...

In there are my files, including the "/perch" folder. When I create a new domain on Perch it adds the page to prototypes.mysite.com/page.php as opposed to prototypes.mysite.com/client-name/dev/page.php.

Please help!?

Thanks

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Having a similar issue too! When creating subpages - the old name of the directory is being used, not the new one. And there seems to be no trace of it - the original path was updated, so I don't know where it's getting the old directory name info.

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Any word on this Drew or Rachel?

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue. in perch v2-8-34

Please help