Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, PayPal

Paypal Shop

Hi, I am having some trouble with the paypal shop app. I have following the article https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/12-09-2014-changing-the-minicart-supplied-with-paypal-shop-app-121 but I am still being redirected to paypal.com.

Using the debug tools on this site, https://www.jessiejonesjewellery.co.uk/ I cannot see why I get redirected and there is no popup.

I now this is going to be something so silly and not worth the post, but I cannot see the wood for the trees at the moment. The page is reporting

<script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/minicart/3.0.6/minicart.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Any help please?

Site Location : https://ttfitness.sitedevelopment.pro/

Cheers Dennis

Dennis Pickworth

Dennis Pickworth 0 points

• 6 years ago

Hi Dennis. Can I contact you directly via the email address at https://ttfitness.sitedevelopment.pro/ ?

I'll see if I can help you because I wrote that JJJ website and the article.

Regards, Graham

Hi Graham, Thanks for the response. Best to reach me at developer@develop101.co.uk.

The site listed is a development site and the email side is not yet fully connected up.

Cheers

I have been doing some work with Graham, and we have drawn a blank.

I have done a bit of googling around and I think I know why this is failing. I am using a template to show the products but this is a one page solution. For this reason the forms and divs etc are hidden, but they have the same name. Could it possibly be that there are so many entries on the page with the same names etc..

The site currently fails the w3w validator, so there for I think the minicart module is getting confused. I have created a small test page and that works fine.

example error from w3c validator;

Error: Duplicate ID project-content. Error: Duplicate ID project-modal.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'm not fully clear on what problem you're experiencing.

Hi Drew. The minicart does not display, but the cart is nevertheless being added to. My suggestion was a conflict between what the minicart is trying to do and other things (scripts) being used on the page. It may also be due to everything being on a single page. It doesn't seem to be anything to do with the version of the minicart being used.

Dennis may be able to add more ... Graham

Hi Drew, The issue is that when you add an item to the cart, you are being directed to www.paypal.com. When I changed the version of minicart.js to the latest version it is suppose to display a popup form, and not redirect me to paypal.com.

It is looking like I am needing to create a separate page to display this information and "Add to Cart" button.

Cheers

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you get any errors in your browser console?

Are there other scripts on the page? Have you tried disabling those?

Hi Drew,

As i mentioned up above. I get the following errors from the side validation tool.

Error: Duplicate ID project-content. 
Error: Duplicate ID project-modal.

However there are not errors in the console.

I have started to make it run to a separate page for the cart for a test to see if this works. I haven't completed yet so the site is currently in a state of flux.

I can only think that there is some confusion in scripts. I have disabled each one step by step but then the site fails to work anyway.

I will let you know how I get on when I have the separate page running. Hopefully this will correct the issue.

Dennis

Here is an update on this issue.

It seems that the template used (purchase from template monster) was the issue. If there are HTML errors etc on the page then the minicart has issues and will forward the cart to paypal.com instead of the popup window.

The errors above disappeared when created a separate page and now the cart is working as expected.

Hope this may help if anyone else has a similar issue.

Cheers