Forum

Thread tagged as: Configuration, Addons, Forms

Email forwarding from contact form

The answer to this may be staring me in the face. But I can't see it.

I have added a contact form to my site, it's installed and everything works fine. I can see my list of responses, all good.

However, I don't want to manage enquires through my dashboard only. I want to be able to forward them on to a relevant email address. Is this something I should be able to configure through the addon installation? Or do I need to fix it in the contact form validation php and config file?

Hope someone can help. Thanks Amy

Amy Willoughby

Amy Willoughby 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, if you go into the form options, there's a checkbox for "Send response via email", along with the settings to do so.

Thanks Drew,

I'd already ticked this, but when I test it, the email never reaches my inbox (although they do appear in the stored tab in the CMS dashboard)

I'm wondering if it's my hosting, although I believe I do have a mail server that can send mail from PHP (as the previous site was using a PHP setup)

Amy

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Have you tested your email configuration in the Settings section?

Sorry, massive delay from me.

Are you referring to the form held here: /perch/core/settings/email/

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, that's the one.

Tried it yes and it came through OK from the test. But still no email coming through from the contact page. I just saw I needed to update my version of perch. Could this be it?

Will give it a go anyway. I feel like it could be me completely overlooking something obvious...

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You should always update Perch if you are having a problem, we'll assume in support you are using the latest version.

We can't easily debug mail issues for you. Your next step after updating would be to enable debug in Perch as see if you can see any issues logged there.

https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/how-do-i-debug-problems

You could also try testing mail with a test provider like MailTrap to isolate if the mail is being send and is just not being delivered. https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/email-testing-with-mailtrap