Forum

Thread tagged as: Runway

Managing display of a collection in Runway Admin

I'm building a collection in Runway. Each entry (an organisation) in the collection has a number of checkboxes. I have a long description for each checkbox to make it clear (to the site administrators) which boxes to check for each entry.

<perch:content id="children" type="checkbox" label="Children, Young People and Families" value="yes" suppress="true" />
<perch:content id="health" type="checkbox" label="Health and Social Care, Mental Health and Disability" value="yes" suppress="true" />
<perch:content id="olderpeople" type="checkbox" label="Older People" value="yes" suppress="true" />
<perch:content id="environment" type="checkbox" label="Environment and Conservation" value="yes" suppress="true" />
<perch:content id="sport" type="checkbox" label="Sport, Recreation and Culture" value="yes" suppress="true" />

This works fine at the item detail level in Admin. But when the entire collection is displayed in Admin (that's one level up), those long labels make a mess of the layout. Is there a way of getting short labels at the top of the columns for the collection display?

Alternatively, is there a way of getting some 'help lines' displayed at the top of the collection display? <perch:help> only displays help lines on the item detail pages.

Thanks, Graham

Graham Street

Graham Street 17 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, but you can use shorted labels and then display help for the fields on the edit form.

That was the backup plan if the answers to my questions were 'no'. Thanks.