Forum

Thread tagged as: Runway, Shop

Search results appear incomplete or erroneous

For example we have like 20 brands of cellphones with a lot of products. Most brands return 0 results and other terms return 2 or 3 completely unrelated results.

https://i.imgur.com/iy1nGII.png

Would appreciate any help.

$query = perch_get('q');
perch_content_search($query, array(
'apps' => ['PerchShop'],
'count' => 10,
));

Template is the stock search results template.

Lexi McGee

Lexi McGee 3 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Free text search isn't going to work well with something like this. If you only have 20 brands, those same strings will appear in a lot of results and therefore are likely to be excluded as noise.

Sorry. Let me rephrase. How do we search for products? we have many products with the brand somewhere in the slug so that search query should have worked and returned more than 2 results

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you want to search, or do you want to filter products by brand?

Search. Already storted filtering by brand and category

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I don't think the brand name gets added to the search text for products currently. I've opened a story for it.

Let me clarify. the slug of many products already begin with samsung-something or sony-something. So they should appear in results already.

Unless you tell me Perch searches for some other value. In any case it would be great to be able to search by brand and other stuff.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

As Drew explained, if you have the same word appearing lots of times it gets excluded as noise. Not by us, by MySQL.