Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Addons, Forms

Autoresponse without Send response via email

With forms there are 3 options:

1. Store responses
  2. Send response via email
  3. Send autoreponse

I want to do 1 & 3 (without doing 2). However, if I don't select "Send response via email" then the autoresponse does not send.

I have checked the mail logs and it does not attempt to send any emails if "Send response via email" is not selected. If both "Send response via email" and "Send autoresponse" are selected then both send correctly.

Is it possible to do 1 and 3 without 2?

Edit: added diagnostics

Perch: 2.8.8, PHP: 5.5.20, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: bf9ad53b11c9a57efdb1057292d73b928b8c5c77 $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.8), assets (2.8.8), categories (2.8.8), perch_forms (1.8.3)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/sites/plusonetesting.co.uk/public_html/vivasrewards/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/sites/plusonetesting.co.uk/public_html/vivasrewards/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/sites/plusonetesting.co.uk/public_html/vivasrewards/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 64M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: vivasrewards.plusonetesting.co.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/sites/plusonetesting.co.uk/public_html/vivasrewards/
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Tom Bedford

Tom Bedford 3 points

• 6 years ago

Tom, worst case for now, set the response address to an email address you filter to trash. I am reviewing the code for the app and I think it's kind of a 1...2...3 thing, not a 1..3 not 2, or 3.. not 1..2..

Thanks Robert, that is what I have done for now - just wondered if it was the intended behaviour.

Tom, the code looks for the option of send email, then sending auto response is part of the _send_email() function. So without the send email checked, the auto response will not work either.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That sounds reasonable.