Forum

Thread tagged as: Discussion, Meta

User Role Permissions Page Details / Page Options

Currently I am working on a guide for a client to use their new Perch backend and when it came to users and permissions I found out with some testing there are some problems with the permissions check box labels. There is some confusion with the permissions for Page Details and Page Options.

I'm using the current version of Perch 2.89, and in permissions under Pages, the check box labeled as "Edit Page Titles and Attributes" is checked / unchecked it grants / removes access from Page Details. Whereas the label "Edit Page Details" is actually for the permissions of Page Options.

As a Perch dev I understand the "edit page titles and attributes" wording came from since that information is pulled from the attributes templates. But for the lay people that isn't clear especially when they may think page titles for the front end and not the CMS. What compounds the confusion is that what is labeled as control for the Page Details section is not the control for that at all.

Was there a reason why the labels were written that way or was it just a simple oversight?

To clear the confusion I think it would be best just to label the checkboxes as "edit page options" and "edit page details".

Andrew Kennedy

Andrew Kennedy 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's legacy - just the way that functionality has developed over time and where things have been moved to doesn't necessarily correspond clearly with the privilege labels.

We'll take a look and see if we can clarify it for Perch 2.9.