Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Hosting

Resource bucket folder not writable

Hello

I have moved my site from local to a staging server but I am getting the message that folders I have in my resource bucket are not writeable. However...they are! I can ftp a file to the directory and looking in the Perch diagnostics, it says the resources folder is writeable (I know that's a different folder but a good place to check). The permissions on the folders are fine (even cycled through 777, 755 etc..) and as I said, I can ftp files to the directories.

All was fine on my local machine so I'm fairly certain its a config issue but I'm not sure what else to check. Would you have any ideas?

Liking the new forum look by the way..

Thanks as always, Michael

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You'll need to ask your host as what you need to do to make things writable is going to vary depending on how your hosting is configured. FTPing files is different to PHP being able to write files as it is likely that PHP is not running as your user.

I would suggest speaking to your host and asking what you need to do to enable PHP to upload files to those folders.

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Rachel

Thank you for the speedy response.

I will get on to them asap but for my own understanding, can I ask, does that mean there is code within Perch that handles the actual resources folder and galleries upload differently to the resource buckets? I ask because they are working ok so just need to have as much info as possible when I go to the hosting guys.

Thank you Michael

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

It should be the same, but I don't have the information that your host will have access to.

If they come back with something you need to do and you need help with that, then post back.

Michael Wilkinson

Registered Developer

Hi Rachel

I found my problem. I had an incorrect 'file_path' setting for the hosting environment. Once the hosting company had sent through the exact file paths I could see where the problem is.

Thank you very much for your help.

Michael