Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Moving pages

I have several pages which have perch content tags. I want to rename the pages - eg approach.php to quote.php. When I have done this in the past the new page comes up in perch with the new regions which need to have templates assigned and text etc re-entered, and I have to go into the old page and delete all the regions. Is there an easier way to do this - ie a way to transfer the regions and content across to the new page?

cow shed

cow shed 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

How were you moving them?

If you go to the Page Options tab you can enter the new path and check the box to move the page.

Thanks - i didnt think of that. I just tried it and I got these errors - do I need to worry about them - the new page looks ok

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/cfpc/chiddingfoldfarmers.com/htdocs/pages-cfpc/test3.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cfpc/chiddingfoldfarmers.com/htdocs/perch/core/apps/content/PerchContent_Page.class.php on line 329

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cfpc/chiddingfoldfarmers.com/htdocs/perch/core/apps/content/PerchContent_Page.class.php:329) in /home/cfpc/chiddingfoldfarmers.com/htdocs/perch/core/inc/top.php on line 13

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cfpc/chiddingfoldfarmers.com/htdocs/perch/core/apps/content/PerchContent_Page.class.php:329) in /home/cfpc/chiddingfoldfarmers.com/htdocs/perch/core/inc/top.php on line 14

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The user PHP is running as does not have permission to write files, so it can't move the pages you're trying to move.

Ok. Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Should just be a case of adjusting the file permissions.