Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Hosting, Runway

perch runway 3 not working with redirects from domains other than the licensed d...

I have client who has multiple domain names which redirect to the main domain with hosting and the perch license.

I can't get the site to work when visitors come in via one of the redirecting domains. I get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /var/sites/x/xxxxx.com/public_html/perch/config/config.production.php on line 1

I've checked with the hosting company who says everything is resolving correctly.

Is this something I can solve with .htaccess?

Graham Shedden

Graham Shedden 0 points

• 4 years ago

Have you setup the configure file at the location where the error is happening? My guess is you still have the initial config setup, but when a different domain name is redirecting it's failing over to the production config... which has not been setup yet/correctly

Thank you Robert Got it working.

I did suspect that there might be some additional settings required in the config file but was a little wary of making changes as I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation. I have other runways which also work with domain redirects and I haven't had to make this kind of change before in order for them to work, they are version 2.x install and not 3.x and on different hosting platform so perhaps that might make a difference.