Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members

Members App

I was reading this article: https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/members/examples/registration/ and it states " It can collect any information you need by adding inputs to the registration form template – all we require is an email address and password."

I added some test fields to a registration form, these are visible on the registration page, but when I submitted the form there was no additional data? Where does that data go if I want to add more information? I am essentially trying to create client information in much the same way a CRM would.

My code is this in the registration form:

<perch:form id="register" method="post" app="perch_members" type="default">
    <div>
        <perch:label for="first_name">First name</perch:label>
        <perch:input type="text" id="first_name" required="true" label="First name" />
        <perch:error for="first_name" type="required">Please add your name</perch:error>
    </div>
    <div>
        <perch:label for="last_name">Last name</perch:label>
        <perch:input type="text" id="last_name" required="true" label="Last name" />
        <perch:error for="last_name" type="required">Please add your name</perch:error>
    </div>
    <div>
        <perch:label for="email">Email</perch:label>
        <perch:input type="email" id="email" required="true" placeholder="you@company.com" helper="PerchMembers_Members::check_email" />
        <perch:error for="email" type="required">Please add your email address</perch:error>
        <perch:error for="email" type="helper">That email address is already in use</perch:error>
    </div>
    <div>
        <perch:label for="password">Password</perch:label>
        <perch:input type="password" id="password" required="true" match-with="password2" />
        <perch:error for="password" type="required">Please add a password</perch:error>
        <perch:error for="password" type="match">Passwords do not match</perch:error>
    </div>
    <div>
        <perch:label for="password2">Password again</perch:label>
        <perch:input type="password" id="password2" required="true" />
        <perch:error for="password2" type="required">Please repeat your password</perch:error>
    </div>
    <div>
        <perch:label for="text1">text1</perch:label>
        <perch:input type="text" id="text1" required="true" />
    </div>
    <div>
        <perch:label for="text1">text2</perch:label>
    </div>
    <div>
        <perch:label for="text1">text3</perch:label>
    </div>
    <div>
        <perch:label for="text4">text4</perch:label>
        <perch:input type="text" id="text4" required="true" />
    </div>

<div>
        <perch:input type="submit" value="Register" />
    </div>
    <perch:success>
        <p>Thanks!</p>
    </perch:success>
</perch:form>
Stefan Wright

Stefan Wright 0 points

• 3 years ago

It will be in the Member Forms part of your admin

If you would also like to be able to download a CSV of this data, then add perch_forms to the "app" variable on the form. This will submit the form to both members and forms app.

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure I follow if I look in the Members App,and I go into "Member" if I then click the members name, the information is not there. Likewise if I go to "Forms", and click the form name, then all I get is an edit screen with no input information?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19FWQfc34vPPPqtZxdkb97BcMvaPxZyOn/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1750V8h91SWBeVbY7HGB38jJKhaMjqQDP/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sRG2o7t9nCx6XKpgHG-B7GjFyd4Zt_0e/view?usp=sharing

I tried to include the above as images but it doesn't seem to work, they will take you to images of what I am seeing. Perhaps i'm doing something wrong

I have now tried adding the perch_forms app variable and that might work for what I need to do, I will just need to work out a workflow

Stefan,

I forgot members app "Forms" link if for editing the form submission details... sorry.

Perch Forms is likely the best option, but capturing this info from the registration form is a tiny bit risky as it will also be capturing their submitted username and password and storing that unencrypted in the data base. You might want to add an additional form to capture the additional information and you can then force the member to complete this additional information using member tags.

RK

If you just wanted to capture something like a persons middle name and you want this to be available to admins looking at the members details, you will need to add the additional fields to the member.html template as well for this information to be present in the admin part of members.

Thanks for the advice Robert. I ended up following the first suggestion of submitting to the forms app also, but i'm doing it all from one page, and I am overwriting the default submit action by intercepting it with jQuery. I am then serializing everything except the password to send to the forms app, and then serializing the details needed for the members app separately to ensure I do not breach security by storing a plain text password.

Thanks for the info about adding to member.html that seems perfect, I have added a customerID which will help because then I can use that on the page