Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you have other filters applied?

Or even a [blank] space in the search box: the word Search will be there if it's blank.

It seems to auto apply "images", which i'm sure is fine. Search is empty (placeholder text "search")

This has now made it impossible to add an image, as from a content editing perspective it seems to go nowhere. I can see the file in the correct folder on the server, but nothing on the admin panel.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'm not sure who I'm helping with which issue. Could you each start a new thread with your own, current problem?

Drew, My difficulty with this is fixed. It's working nicely thank you. John

Just me then :)

Any joy with this guys? Files are going into the buckets now. But not showing in any way in the assets module.

No errors showing in the log files

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you running Perch 2.5.2?

I didn't know it was out. I saw a post you made earlier stating it was out tomorrow. I shall upgrade now :)

The following error occurred:
RENAME TABLE `perch2_content_resources` TO `perch2_resource_log`
SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'perch2_resource_log' already exists
The following error occurred:
ALTER TABLE `perch2_resource_log` DROP PRIMARY KEY
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1075 Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What's the context of that?

Oh sorry. I uploaded the core folder from 2.5.2 and logged back in to Perch and got that install error

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

In debug, or as part of the UI? Did you have the option to continue?

It does have the option to continue, but I wasn't happy doing so until I had ran it past you. This is the first time I have had an issue on upgrade.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you show me a screenshot?

Ah, I assumed you wanted to me to continue. So I clicked through. No further ill effects, but it still has the buckets issue for me on 2.5.2 Items go into the bucket folders, but they don't show at all in assets.

This website isn't too far down the line of deployment. Do you think dropping the database and doing a clean install of 2.5.2 could be a fix? I've only got two content areas on there so far?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That might be worth a shot.

A reinstall didn't fix it. But I noticed the assets module was truncating the bucket name. So I took a punt and shortened the bucket names from things like 'hero-images-mobile' to 'hero-mob' and bada bing it works. Is there a character limit?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, it's 16 characters.