Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Add-on-development, Docs

App Documentation and Sample App Updates

Is there any up-to-date documentation or guides for building Apps in Perch? The existing documentation still refers to Perch 2 and it has been a year since there were updates coming.

The sample app doesn't make use of things like PerchSmartbar and still uses the sidepanel functions like side_panel_start which, as far as I'm aware, don't do anything in Perch 3.

Lachlan Heywood

Lachlan Heywood 0 points

• 3 years ago
Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

Hello Lachlan,

The app upgrade guide briefly explains the usage of PerchSmartbar: https://docs.grabaperch.com/api/apps/upgrading/to-perch3/

I learned more about its usage from official apps and the class file.

Thanks Hussein, I've done the same thing myself. It would still be good to have some proper documentation about available classes and their uses. Trawling through source code isn't the best way to figure things out quickly.

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

I agree.

Not even a response from the Perch team?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'm not entirely sure what your question is, as you can see the documentation that's available. Did you have a specific question about the smart bar?

It would be great to get more detailed documentation about the classes available for addon development. Specifically, building admin UIs. As I mentioned, the sample app is out of date, and Rachel said that there were updates coming to the documentation over a year ago.

I posted specifically about Smartbar here, though it is more of a suggestion than a question.