Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Scrolling with Assets + closing the panel (Perch 2.5)

I've been having some problems with Assets after uploading enough to have to scroll through them.

I am using Chrome on Windows 7 64bit and have tried in IE and Firefox with similar results.

I either see:

two sets of scrollbars - have to scroll sideways to see the thin scrollbar, then use that to scroll through the assets

no scrollbar (can't scroll)

no scrollbar and images cut off (if using smaller window then making the window fullscreen)

Diagnostics

Perch: 2.5, PHP: 5.4.27, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.5), assets (2.5), perch_blog (4.1) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'perch_blog', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/develope/public_html/perchdemo/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/develope/public_html/perchdemo/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/develope/public_html/perchdemo/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 256M, Max POST 256M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 256M Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/develope/public_html/perchdemo HTTP_HOST: perchdemo.developedbytom.com REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Closing the Assets Panel

When you open Assets from a content region the sidebar toggles to the small view with "Log out" becoming a cross. I was confused at first as it looks a lot like you hit that cross to close the Assets panel. Might be troublesome for clients using Perch.

Tom Bedford

Tom Bedford 3 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, thanks. We'll spin up some copies of Windows and see if we can reproduce it.

Tom Bedford said:

you hit that cross to close the Assets panel. Might be troublesome for clients using Perch.

Tom, I totally agree because I just did it today... was frustrating because I got logged out... and I was trying to close asset panel.

Update:

I had access to an XP machine today and get the same appearance there.

You can scroll with a mousewheel or trackpad.

You cannot scroll if you only have a mouse pointer as there is no scrollbar to click and drag.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, thanks, I think we've fixed the scrollbar problem in IE.

Thanks Drew, it's working fine for me in Chrome, Firefox and IE on Windows now.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Great!