Forum

Thread tagged as: Addons, Api, Members

Edit a members password

My client wants a protected area on the website, so I was thinking of using the members add-on. But it will only contain one member, which from the client can change the password on a regular base. (the login form for the protected area has only a password field, no e-mail required).

Can I hack the members add-on in such way? I found a way to display the password (when editing a member) but it's hashed... so I guess I can't use it in that way? Any suggestions?

Ken Wuytack

Ken Wuytack 0 points

• 7 years ago

You could just put the protected area pages in a htaccess password protected folder that you set up on your hosting environment.

But that doesn't give my client the ability to change the password on a regular basis?

Only with access to the hosting control panel or the htaccess files depending on how your host handles protected directories.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Members set their own password, so this needs to be done from the front end.

The simplest method would be to have a 'secret' page on the site. Look in as the member, then go to the URL of the secret page to change the password.

Ok, I had little hope for an option to do it in the back end. Thanks for the feedback.