Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Configuration

Failed to open stream. No such file or directory

Hi

I've been using Perch for quite a while, but this latest build is throwing up several fails when accessing the runtime.php ending with a Fatal Error Class 'PerchUtil' not found

I built it locally then transferred to the live domain keeping everything in the same place, the perch folder is in the root folder. I downloaded the files today, so its the latest version.

So, I'm a bit confused? Any suggestions?

Wayne

Wayne Hooper

Wayne Hooper 6 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Sounds like it might just be missing files. Worth trying a reupload.

I thought that originally and I've tried re-uploading the perch folder... just done it again now and same result...

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How are you uploading?

I've tried 3 different ftp programs (filezilla, coda and forklift). I've tried deleting everything and reuploading, even trying the core folder from another recent project.

I'm going to have a fresh look in the morning to make sure I've done nothing stupid.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok. Keep us updated.

Hi Drew

I'm still at a loss on this...

What steps do you suggest? I thought about downloading perch and starting again, but if it worked locally shouldn't that suggest the files downloaded correctly in the first place?

The hosting is OK, as I have another site with perch on it.

It does seem to point at not uploading correctly, but I've done it numerous times with different ftp clients...

Is there an email address I could paste all the warnings to you? to see if anything jumps out?

Wayne

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is your server running PHP 5.3 or greater?

Just double checked, its running PHP 5.4

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What is the exact, complete error message you get?

OK, something weird has happened... its now working. All I can think of it wasn't 5.3 or higher, but me going in and checking has confirmed it to use 5.4

Thanks for your help and sorry if it was just down to me having the wrong settings.

Hmm still not right though. Just got a chance to login and it didn't recognise the url in the licence and was suggesting I enter the domain without the https://www which I've done, but now when I log in I get a white screen and nothing else??

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Anything in your server error log?

I can't seem to find any on the server in the logs folder... The rest of Perch is working (i.e. the content is loading into the site), but the login brings the white screen

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok... how can I help?

I'm not sure... I just can't work out how I have another Perch project on the same hosting which is working fine and this one isn't... the only difference is in the versions and the working one is the v2 and v2.5 is playing up.

I'm thinking I might try moving the sites onto a new server we have and trying that

If you think we've exhausted any other solutions?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Have you tried updating to 2.5.2?

Just tried 2.5.2 and still no joy. Also tried creating a new config file incase that got messed up at some point.

I'm thinking its the hosting. I'm going to transfer to our new hosting and see how that goes....

Hi Drew

Sorted it in the end by moving the site to our new server... so it must of been the shared hosting I was on before isn't up to perch 2.5