Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Blog

Add blog post to navigation group

Hi,

I need the ability to promote certain block posts to my site navigation, i,e i need to have two navigation groups and need to be able to assign specific blog posts to each navigation group. I can do this with pages, but struggling to work out how to do this with blog posts. Help appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

Edward Sparkes

Edward Sparkes 0 points

• 4 years ago

How do you do it with pages? If we can see what you have so far, we can help point you in the right direction.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You can't add a blog post to the navigation directly. Are you using Perch or Runway?

I am using Perch, with pages if you create a navigation group you can specify which nav group you would like them in the metadata for the page. Trying to achieve similar with blog posts to promote certain posts.

Thanks, Ed

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, so that's right, you can't add a blog post to the navigation directly.

Is there a way of doing it indirectly? Or is my best approach to manually create a content item that is a list of links and content editor will need to maintain and ensure links are up to date? Is there a way to add external links to nav groups?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Indirectly, you can add a page to show your post and then add that page to the nav group.

Or you can query your posts outside of the navgroup and pass the result into the template for display.