Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Blog

Blog thumbnail image size not copping to size

I'm using Perch 2.5 and blog 4.1.

I need to change the blog thumbnail to 140 x100 pixels. I've changed post.html and post_in_list.html both to use...

<perch:blog id="image" type="image" width="140" height="100" crop="true" suppress="true" />

This does nothing apart from load the full size image for the thumbnail.

How do I fix this?

David Owen

David Owen 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you uploaded the image?

Yes.

There was a previous image default 50x50 image uploaded. Then changed templates to 140 x 100 since then behaviour has been weird. Can't restore to 50x50 nor delete the image from the control panel.

Or replace to generate a new 140x100 thumbnail (it shows a full size image regardless of what I do)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What happens with a new item?

The same so far. Thumbnail views at full size.

Was going to test again but I'm on iPad at the moment. Btw. Did you know you can't select assets with the new asset management system using touch?

In addition not being able to delete unwanted assets quickly is a real pain point in this case when the site is in flux during building stage.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you show me the image tags from both the templates?

OK I've managed to get it all working to a point. What was throwing me off was the inability to re-publish or remove the image thumbnail from the control panel to display at the right size.

To re-publish the image at the right size I had to...

1. Select "remove" tickbox
  2. Save blog post (the image was not removed)
  3. Re-load the browser post_in_list page.

This is very odd behaviour and end clients certainly would not expect this.

It appears once a blog image/thumbnail is uploaded it can't ever be removed without deleting the whole blog post. Select image "remove" tickbox > Save ~ does nothing but reload the existing image (I presume re-rendering it from the master uploaded image?)

Is this just me or a bug?

I've updated to 2.5.2 and I can now delete blog thumbnails from the control panel. (so far)

Nope spoke too soon. Images are still not deleting.

It's seem's you can't add a blog image then change you mind and delete it right away.

You need to first save/close the post in the control panel and then re-open it. Then it can be deleted.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's correct - until you save it's not been added.

Thanks but you need the additional operation of closing the post after save (i.e. moving to control panel home) then open the post again. Saving alone does nothing which is a little misleading in this situation.

So...

Blog Post > Select tick box remove image > save button = (no result)

Blog Post > Select tick box remove > save button > move elsewhere in the control panel > re-open post > Select > tick box remove > save button = (image is removed)

It's a little odd.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We're taking a look into it.