Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Configuration

Assets not appearing for 'Editors'

Hello,

Small problem that Assets isn't appearing at the top for 'Editors' (works fine for 'Admin'). I've tried changing editors to admin and then back again. I've tried un-ticking the option in roles and logging in/out and then activating again but nothing seems to be working. Very strange - is there something I can do to force Assets to appear rather than making them 'Admin'. My diagnostics are below:

Perch: 2.8.8, PHP: 5.4.41, MySQL: 5.1.66, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.8), assets (2.8.8), categories (2.8.8), perch_blog (4.6), perch_twitter (3.5.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_twitter' );
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 32M
Resource folder writeable: Yes

Thanks in advance, Lea.

Lea Chapman

Lea Chapman 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Try running an update:

/perch/core/update/?force=update

Thanks Drew, I got this (and it didn't fix it) so presume this is the culprit:

Software Update

The following error occurred:
DROP INDEX `idx_uni` ON `perch2_resource_log`
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'rootst_visualprint.perch2_resource_log' doesn't exist
The following error occurred:
ALTER IGNORE TABLE `perch2_resource_log` ADD UNIQUE INDEX `idx_uni` (`appID`, `itemFK`, `itemRowID`, `resourceID`)
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'rootst_visualprint.perch2_resource_log' doesn't exist
Contact us if you are unsure how to resolve these problems, or accept these errors and continue.

Any idea what I can do to fix this (I chose 'accept these errors and continue' for now)

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's fine, you can accept and continue.

When you say it didn't fix it, do you mean you don't now see the Manage Asset privilege under Roles?

Excuse my ignorance - didn't realise that would pop-up. That has fixed it - thank you :)