Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, Comments

How do I view/edit comments in the Comments App?

Hello,

I'm working with the Comments App and can't seem to find where I can view (and possibly edit) new comments in the admin. In the admin, under the Pending section in the Comments App, I see the Date column has only a checkbox and I assume its intended to select, then change the status of the comment, but...

1. Is the date suppose to be displayed in this Date column also?
  2. To moderate comments, how can I view the comment before approving it to be published live?
  3. Is there a way I can edit a comment from the admin, to correct any possible grammar or spelling errors?

Thanks

Joshua Rodriguez

Joshua Rodriguez 2 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, the date is supposed to be there. Are you on a Windows server?

Yes I am Drew. The live site will not be though. Is this only a Windows server issue then? Should I be able to view and edit comments on the live server?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We can configure a different date format to work with your server, but yes, it should be fine on non-Windows.

Ok great! How would I configure the date format?

I was able to view and access the link to view/edit comments using chrome developer tools. So the link is there, just no content inside the link tags. How would I configure the date format?

Do I need to configure all four of these in my config.php file or just what I need?

define('PERCH_DATE_SHORT'); define('PERCH_DATE_LONG'); define('PERCH_TIME_SHORT'); define('PERCH_TIME_LONG');

Do I need to set formats? define('PERCH_DATE_SHORT', 'Y-m-d');

OR just enable them? define('PERCH_DATE_SHORT', true);

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you need to set the formats. These are the defaults:

define('PERCH_DATE_LONG', '%d %B %Y');
define('PERCH_DATE_SHORT', '%d %b %Y');
define('PERCH_TIME_SHORT', '%H:%M');
define('PERCH_TIME_LONG', '%H:%M:%S');

Oh ok, great...thanks Drew :)

Drew,

Just wanted to confirm that the comments app is working as expected on the live server. I guess it was a Windows OS issue.

Thanks