Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Runway

Perch Runway 2.8.34 with XAMPP – Warnings in Admin Control Panel, re: PerchField...

I am running XAMPP on my PC as a test area for changes to a live site. I have copied the files and database from the server to the local PC.

When selecting a region to edit within the Admin Control Panel, each field within each item is preceded by the message 'Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in C:\xampp\htdocs\admin\core\lib\PerchFieldTypes.class.php on line 69'.

Here is the diagnostics summary:

Perch Runway: 2.8.34, PHP: 7.2.6, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $, with PDO
    Server OS: WINNT, apache2handler
    Installed apps: content (2.8.34), assets (2.8.34), categories (2.8.34), perch_forms (1.8.3)
    App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', );
    PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
    PERCH_PATH: C:\xampp\htdocs\admin
    PERCH_CORE: C:\xampp\htdocs\admin\core
    PERCH_RESFILEPATH: C:\xampp\htdocs\admin\resources
    Image manipulation: GD
    PHP limits: Max upload 200M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 8M
    F1: 6a33f95eca3667f9e0c39bf5ca2980fe
    Resource folder writeable: Yes
    HTTP_HOST: ianscottofficefurniture.co.uk
    DOCUMENT_ROOT: C:/xampp/htdocs
    REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
    SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

It says also that the temp folder is not writable. runway.php defines temp_folder as /tmp so I created a folder called 'tmp' in htdocs, but it throws up this error message.

Dave Lindsay

Dave Lindsay 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That warning is listed as one of the backward incompatible changes in PHP 7.2. The version of Perch you're running there predates that version of PHP by about a year, so doesn't account for the incompatibility.