Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Discussion

Batch Delete All The Things

Would it be possible to add the ability to delete in batches please?

I have one client in particular that receives hundreds of form submissions, they've got over 4000 on their site currently, and they're perplexed as to why they have to delete them one by one. It's particularly tricky when clients need to remove multiple form responses for GDPR purposes after a certain amount of time.

Assets can also get real messy, especially when clients like to try out lots of different images or come to rebrand and then have tons of superfluous pictures. And when clients have to remove sets of documents they'd like to delete batches.

I know this has been asked before, but clients are requesting it... a lot.

Thanks.

Mark Phoenix

Mark Phoenix 0 points

• 3 years ago

This would be very useful.

I agree this would be a useful addition

I absolutely agree with this, it'd be crucial, especially for form responses.

I'm working on a 'recruitment' website, powered by Perch, where relatively lot responses are expected to come in daily. It makes content (and HR) managers' job really hard that they can only work with responses one by one. I'd be also important to be able exporting selected responses only, not all the responses ever received.

Thanks!

This would be a great addition. +1

+1 to selecting which responses to download!

Márton Lente said:

I'm working on a 'recruitment' website, powered by Perch, where relatively lot responses are expected to come in daily. It makes content (and HR) managers' job really hard that they can only work with responses one by one. I'd be also important to be able exporting selected responses only, not all the responses ever received.

Thanks!>Márton Lente said:

Thanks!

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

I agree.

I don't think this specifically applies to deleting items though. It would be nice if the API (PerchAdminListing class) had a multiselect option and a way to perform actions to the selected items (e.g. select dropdown at the top/bottom of listing).

+1 would love to see this.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

This is available in Perch 3.1.2.

This works great in the Forms app, thanks for the update!

First I didn't notice the Forms app was updated too. So for others: don't forget to update the Forms app to version 1.12 to see the checkboxes appear! ;)

Very much appreciated. Thanks Drew.