Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Installation

Missing assets 2.5 -> 2.5.3 upgrade

I started building a site in 2.5 with all the shiny new assets functionality, got to the end of a development phase and decided to upgrade to 2.5.3 but in doing so I've lost access to some of the assets I had pre-update. They are no longer listed under the Assets area, nor referred to in my templates. They just appear as empty (No thumbnail just 'Select or upload an image'). However, the page still loads as if the image is selected, even if I re-submit a change to the page but this then leads to a broken thumbnail image appearing in assets.

Obviously, I've not made this site live yet so it's no big deal, it just seems quite odd and would be very confusing to a client. Not sure if it's a bug or not.

Having looked in the database, it appears as though the resourceApp for the assets I am missing is 'perch_pages' so that would suggest that this is tied to me using assets in page attributes (I have a background image on each page, it made more sense to me that it wasn't a region but a page attribute). Any suggestions? I can provide diagnostics if needed but this seems like a specific problem.

Mark Greenwood

Mark Greenwood 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'll have a look into it. Is it just for page attributes?

It appears so, I found an image in the database that was pre-update in a regular region that is still listed and working as expected.

EDIT - I forgot my manners... Thank you. Also, I am loving Assets so far, great addition and great interface. :)

Sorry, just a quick update as I've been looking a bit more closely at the database, it appears that the assets that are missing no longer have associated records with the resourceKey of 'orig' or 'thumb', which I reckon is the reason they aren't showing up in Perch but the records of files created by Perch remain so the site is unaffected. Very odd. No idea how those records have been deleted.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does it work ok applying a new image to the page? I can't reproduce the failure here, so I'm wondering if it's just wonky data.

That is strange. I've replaced the images and everything appears to be working fine, yes.

I don't know if this means anything but rather than creating new versions of the files that already existed, it just overwrote them, something I've not seen Perch do before. Usually you get -1 or -2 etc. Has that changed with Assets?

Ah well, I don't know what happened. As you said, it could be bad data. I only had a few images at this stage so it wasn't painful.

Thanks for looking into it.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's not changed, which perhaps indicates the files were missing. Was the site new at 2.5.0?

Correct, the site was built on 2.5.0, upgraded to 2.5.3 yesterday but the files definitely weren't missing as I just watched the modified date change when I re-uploaded. Unfortunately, I wasn't tracking the resources folder with git so can't see if there were any changes in-between.

I'm wondering if something went a bit awry when I did the upgrade. I had CodeKit open when I updated the core folder and it went minify and browser refresh crazy. I'm really clutching at straws here though.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'll certainly keep an eye on it.