Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Assets panel not showing

Since the upgrade to 2.5.3 - the assets panel doesn't seem to show up on quite a regular basis.

assets issue

Now Media

Now Media 0 points

• 7 years ago

I am having a similar problem and have just had to roll back to 2.5.2, also the links to some of the existing assets had broken and I needed to reupload some images.

Also, when the panel does appear, in the screenshot below the search icon is missing (but the url of the .svg seems to be correct?!), and the logout button on the top right is confusing for my client (and me!), as the X looks like it should close the assets panel!

screenshot

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you get any errors in your browser console?

Is your server configured to serve SVG with the correct mime type?

Annoyingly it's not happening now. So I can't check the console.

Since you mention it, I have now added

AddType image/svg+xml svg svgz
AddEncoding gzip svgz

to my HTACCESS file.

Not sure if this will help.

Ah, got it to happen. No JavaScript or CSS issues highlighted by the console. But it does look like its right and display properties are not being set correctly. I'm getting

Asset CSS

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I've been making some changes for 2.5.4, which I hope will be ready shortly.

Awesome, thanks Drew :)

Upon further investigation, the missing search.svg above was only missing in Chrome and has reappeared after clearing the cache. I'm still not sure what happened to my missing assets, but I guess I'll skip 2.5.3 and wait for 2.5.4.

2.5.4 has fixed this issue

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Thanks!

Yeah, 2.5.4 seems to work fine. I also discovered that some of my problems above were due to old versions of jQuery in perch/core/assets/js. Not sure why the legacy files were still there, must have been something wrong with my deployment script.

Perch seemed to be using the oldest available jQuery version 1.10.x and I think the new assets management depends on 1.11.x? Have deleted the legacy files and all fine now.

Thanks Drew.