Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Add-on-development, Runway

Hide pages from admin

Is there a way to stop pages showing up in the page list in the admin panel?

I have a few pages related to an add-on i'm having built that require Perch to be included in the header but they have absolutely no editable content in them (and do not have any children).

I'd rather not have these pages listed when the site owner can't actually edit anything on them.

Daniel Owen

Daniel Owen 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

At the moment you can only hide regions, not pages.

Is this something that might be added in the future?

Just from a tidiness point of view, it would be nice to have pages that only a certain user role can edit. So rather than show them in the admin but have no function related to them (because all regions are locked to that user) the ability for them to just not show at all would be nice. Clearly there would need to be inheritance to that, so if you hide a page with children, the children are also hidden.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, it's something that might be added. The cascade is the big sticking point, as for every customer who is happy for a page to hide its descendants, there's one who wants to be able to hide a page mid-tree. So it's a complex issue to solve from a UI point of view.

Ah OK yeah, fair enough!

Surely though, if a parent page is hidden, there is no way to show it's children? Whereas hiding one of the children shouldn't affect the other children, only ITS children?

Just my two cents but, if people are that fussy, maybe a page that is "hidden" but has children they want editable could work like a folder in the admin? So it would look exactly as it does right now (with the arrow next to it to expand) but it's name would not be a link.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

These are the sort of things that make every small change a big change :)