Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation, Configuration

Unable to login

Hi, I have uploaded a new Perch website. The site works as expected, connection to database is good.

However when I try to login I am redirected to the login page, with no error messages: url: perch/?r=%2Fperch%2Fcore%2Fapps%2Fcontent%2F

I can't give you Diagnostics because I can't login, but it is Perch v2.8.31

The server is: Windows 2012 - IIS 8.5 and the Perch Compatibility test was successful.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It looks like you're getting logged in and then thrown back out, which would indicate a problem with PHP sessions on the server.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Start by checking your error log. If there's nothing obvious, you should speak to your server admin.

Simon,

I had a similar problem that seemed to have been caused by having a file named "core_old" - something I created and then left in following an update. Looking through your files might help.

https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/02-27-2016-2826-upgrade-stuck-at-repeating-login

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Thanks very much John, with limited support/knowledge of Perch on Windows server, I opted to update the server to Linux Apache, which also gives some .htaccess/clean url benefits.

Thanks for taking the time.