Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Addons

Members Form - Unable to edit in Admin Area

I have a problem with the Members system. I have 1 form (default) and want the form submission to redirect to a Thanks Page rather than just show a message.

The form appears in the Members App admin screen but clicking on it in the "FORMS" tab just shows a white screen at this URL: https://mybookchain.com/perch/addons/apps/perch_members/forms/edit/?id=1

I've just gone through a complete reinstall including a new database and have installed Perch_blog and perch_members ONLY.

Here are the short diagnostics: Perch: 2.8.31, PHP: 5.5.37, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.31), assets (2.8.31), categories (2.8.31), perch_blog (5.0), perch_members (1.5) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_members', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/myboo390/public_html/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 64M F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2 Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/myboo390/public_html HTTP_HOST: mybookchain.com REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Here is my "register form" php call. <?php perch_member_form('register.html'); ?>

It's all working to register users.

What am I missing?

Thasnk in advance Steve

Steve Counsell

Steve Counsell 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you checked your error log?

There is nothing in the server error log...

is there a Perch Error Log?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you get a white screen you definitely have a PHP error - are you checking the PHP error log?

https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/why-am-i-getting-a-blank-page

Thanks Rachel, I'm not seeing any PHP errors at the moment but have asked the hosting company (hostpapa) to get that for me.

I'll get back to you in a while Cheers Steve

OK, here are the errors from the /perch/ directory...

[19-Jul-2016 23:17:22 Europe/London] PHP Warning: include(/home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/../config/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/index.php on line 5 [19-Jul-2016 23:17:22 Europe/London] PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/../config/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/index.php on line 5 [19-Jul-2016 23:17:22 Europe/London] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/index.php:5) in /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/index.php on line 8

There are other errors in the CORE/Apps/Categories/Sets/Edit directory

[19-Jul-2016 21:25:49 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function id() on a non-object in /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/apps/categories/modes/sets.edit.pre.php on line 43 [19-Jul-2016 21:36:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function id() on a non-object in /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/apps/categories/modes/sets.edit.pre.php on line 43 [19-Jul-2016 21:43:39 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function id() on a non-object in /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/apps/categories/modes/sets.edit.pre.php on line 43 [19-Jul-2016 21:44:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function id() on a non-object in /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/apps/categories/modes/sets.edit.pre.php on line 43 [19-Jul-2016 22:00:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function id() on a non-object in /home/myboo390/public_html/perch/core/apps/categories/modes/sets.edit.pre.php on line 43

Hope that helps ...

Regards Steve

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

From that it looks like your config.php file is missing. Is your site working at all?

Hi Drew,

yes the site is working fine and running basic content fine.

I've checked that the config.php is there...

Should the Config files be set to permissions above 744?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I can't really advise how your permissions should be set, as I don't know how the server is configured.

If you can connect to the database then it sounds like that error is bogus.

Hi Drew,

So with a basic install plus Blog, and Members the Members Form Editor creates a blank page (white screen). Rachel suggested that this would only be caused by a PHP error.

The "white screen" is still happening.

When you say the error is bogus what exactly do you mean. Is this something I am doing wrong?

Is there any other debug info I can provide to help resolve this?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are there any errors in the log you've been sent that correspond to the time you're getting the white screen?

Seems like the errors have stopped being logged (or errors stopped happening) but I still get the white screen. I've done some further checking and all looks fine. Haven even recreated the config.php file to make sure it is available.

I've sent a support ticket to HostPapa re the "Bogus PHP Errors" to see if they can track down the issue.

I'll get back to you...

Thanks for your help so far :)

Hi, Hostpapa, as expected, have responded to my support request and said they can't help with PHP development. They've offered this URL [https://hp180.hostpapa.com/phpinfo.php] to help understand the server config.

Seems I am stuck between Hostpapa and Perch support.

Can you help me with this?

UPDATE I'd assumed that I would be able to add a "redirection" URL to the Member Form Options which is why not having access to that seemed such a problem.

In an effort to further debug this I installed th eMember system on another server which worked fine (as expected). The form options don't give me the option to redirect.

I've solved the issue by adding in some PHP logic to the Register page which works fine...

Although the problem is not resolved, we can close this query as I'm pretty sure it's the Hosting service rather than PERCH or any PHP code.

Thanks for your help :)