Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Installation, Suggestions

Two Versions of Perch on One Site?

Hi - I've got an old Perch 1 site. Instead of updating everything on the live site, I'd like to simply have the Perch 2 site in a different folder, then migrate stuff over manually since the site will be totally different in the future. I plan to build out the new version as the old one is still active.

I've installed Perch 2 in a different folder, made a new database, install went fine. But on login, the license has a conflict. I assume this is because it's being used for the Perch 1 site that's live right now.

How to do use the same license to parallel these installs and build in the background? It's the same domain, it's listed in the license details. Any way around this?

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

When you say "the license has a conflict", what are you seeing?

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

I'm seeing this (i cut out the domain for client privacy):

Sorry, your license key isn't valid for this domain.
Log into your Perch account and add the following as your live or testing domain: c*******t.com

Which I've already done. Both with and without WWW

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You're still using a Perch 1 license, so that won't activate a Perch 2 install.

You need to apply the upgrade to get your new license key. You can add it to both sites - Perch 1 will run using a Perch 2 license key.

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Ok - though I don't see the option here: https://grabaperch.com/account/upgrades

Only options I see are to upgrade from Perch 2 to Runway, or Runway to Developer. Where would the Perch 1 to Perch 2 upgrade be?

It is an upgrade? Or just a new Perch 2 license that I swap? Does it replace the existing Perch 1 in the account?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There's no upgrade you can buy any more. If you're just swapping in a Perch 2 license, just use the new P2 license key.