Forum

Thread tagged as: Error

Login Page Incorrect Password Error

Hi

I am not sure what is causing this error to happen but when an incorrect password is entered into the login screen the following warnings are shown at the top of the screen with the login form still displayed below.

Warning: syslog() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/ampm/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchAuthenticatedUser.class.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ampm/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchAuthenticatedUser.class.php:108) in /home/ampm/public_html/admin/core/inc/auth.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ampm/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchAuthenticatedUser.class.php:108) in /home/ampm/public_html/admin/core/inc/auth.php on line 47

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ampm/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchAuthenticatedUser.class.php:108) in /home/ampm/public_html/admin/core/inc/top.php on line 15

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ampm/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchAuthenticatedUser.class.php:108) in /home/ampm/public_html/admin/core/inc/top.php on line 16

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

Neil Irwin

Neil Irwin 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Whoever configured your server has disabled the syslog() function. That's part of PHP that they've decided would be fun to just turn off.

We log failed login attempts to enable server administrators to automatically ban IPs that are attacking their servers.

Got it fixed thanks

Hmm I have the same error, but my hosts say these open up serious secirty issues so wont open them on a shared server and want me to upgrade, which Im unhappy to do just to run perch !

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Please raise your own thread Richard explaining what these "serious security issues" are.