Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Location tab missing

Hello,

Running Runway 3.0.8 and setup a test user account and test role in my development environment, but noticing the Location tab is missing.

I tried enabling all options for the test users role, but the Location tab still does not appear.

In my clients navigation menu, they have a resources link that they add subpages to. These subpages can sometimes just be an link to an external resource. So they add a subpage as a local file and need to access the path field under the Location tab in order to provide the URL to the external resource.

I can do it as an admin, but this tab does not appear for my test user account even if I have all options enabled for the test role.

How can I make the Location tab available to my client?

Joshua Rodriguez

Joshua Rodriguez 2 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The role needs content.pages.manage_urls. Try turning PRIV_ASSIST on and see if that helps:

define('PERCH_PRIV_ASSIST', true);

Added to my config file, but no new role options display for the role and the Location tab is still not displaying.

I tried refreshing my browser, clearing cache, and logging out and back in to my control panel, but hasn't made any difference.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you've visited the page where the tab should display, then the privilege should now appear as an option for the role.

I visited all pages of the website and revisited them as well in the control panel, but the location tab is still not available and no additional options listed under roles.

Here's all the options I have under the Pages section for the role (bold = enabled):

• Delete regions
  • Edit page details
  • Edit region options
  • Reorder pages
  • Add new pages
  • Add new top-level pages
  • Roll back regions
  • Delete pages
  • Delete pages they created themselves
  • Configure page settings
  • Delete master pages
  • Configure master pages
  • Edit page titles and attributes
  • Configure navigation groups
  • Create navigation groups
  • Delete navigation groups
  • Republish pages

The Quicklinks page and its subpages, are using Local File as a Master Template, not sure if it matters that they aren't actually local physical files. Also, since they are being treated as just a link, there are no perch regions or fields on the pages - not sure if that matters??

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That should have enabled it, but if it hasn't then the answer is no, it's not available.

Ok, thanks Drew. Is this a bug or something that will be fixed?

It was available in Perch/Runway 2.8.34 and it sounds like it should still be working?? I didn't test with previous versions of Perch/Runway 3.

For now I can create the external links for my client.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, there should be a privilege for it.