Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions

Add Subpages default setting

I'd like to be able to have a default setting so all new pages automatically allow Everyone to create subpages.

Use case: I've created a site planner tool that has non-Admins who need to be able to build out a site tree. They shouldn't have access to everything, but page and sub-page creation is critical. Having to set Everyone in Page Options for each new page is an unfortunate task and hopefully can be made unnecessary.

Thanks for your consideration!

Kirk Roberts

Kirk Roberts 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You shouldn't have to - 'Everyone' is the default. Perch is permissive by default.

Hmm... that isn't the behavior I'm seeing. When I create a new page only the Admin box is checked (and disabled). The Everyone and Editor boxes are unchecked.

This is a new install of 2.5.4.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What permissions are set on the parent? I think they're inherited on creation.

In this case there is no parent, and the only two pages were created through Perch using the Add Page button. The only Master Page does not inherit region settings from any other page.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How is there no parent?

They are both top-level pages that by default do not allow sub-pages to be added underneath them.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Hmm, I see what you mean. Ok, leave it with me.

Ok, thanks for looking into it.

Any update on this? currently running into this issue also.

I note that we can batch update all pages to allow for subpage creation from the roles > actions menu however this permission change doesnt apply to new pages created after this.