Forum

Thread tagged as: Members

Adding a field which must be Unique to members registration form

Hi

Is it possible to add a field which must be unique in a similar way that the email you enter must be unique to any that have been used for people to register previously.

Thanks

Neil

Neil Irwin

Neil Irwin 1 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There's nothing built in to do that, but it could be done with a validation helper if you have the PHP chops.

Ah right I had the validation helper dropped in which does flag up the same content being used but I got an error at the top of the page because the method doesnt exist.

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'PerchMembers_Members' does not have a method 'check_gui' in /home/bgctest/public_html/admin/core/lib/api/PerchAPI_SubmittedForm.class.php on line 272

Is there somewhere I should add this in?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You need to create the validation helper. The format is ClassName::static_method_name

The method gets passed an argument which is the value of the field. It needs to return true or false once you've established if the value is acceptable.

I have the validation helper added helper="PerchMembers_Members::check_gui"

Which is when I get the warning saying about the method not existing. Where should I add that in? Is there a way to do it without touching the core files?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You can't add methods to our class. You need to create your own class.