Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Can no longer login to Control Panel locally

Hi, I'm developing a site locally using Perch. I haven't yet bought the license but will do so once site is built locally and I'm ready to make my first deployment.

The first time I set it up everything looks great when I go through the setup, I'm able to update my content from the control panel. Loving it.

When I go to turn my computer on again the second day, today, and continue work I'm suddenly no longer able to access the control panel.

When I go to https://localhost/perch/core/apps/content where I went the first day to access the control panel, it does not work. Specifically, the url in my browser changes to https://localhost/perch/?r=%2Fperch%2Fcore%2Fapps%2Fcontent%2F and it stays on the current page. I'm unable to even navigate to the diagnostic report at /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/.

My apache server, mysql database, and everything is running just as before. It should not be behaving this way.

How do I fix this? I need to continue local development to meet an upcoming client deadline.

Thanks in advance, Zachary Cook

P.S. If you help me solve this I'll send you a gift of your choice, if under $10 and can be shipped locally

Really need help - I'm stuck

Zachary Cook

Zachary Cook 0 points

• 4 years ago

PHP error logs? Apache error logs? did you clear your cookies and website cache?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You should be seeing a login screen at that point. Are you? If so, what happens when you log in?

Ok here is what fixed it.

I originally had my file structure like this - /var/www/html/perch/... with all of my html, css, and javascript INSIDE of the perch folder.

I recreated the app I was working on with the folder structure altered. to have my root folder "/var/ww/html/" with all the HMTL, CSS, and Javascript inside it, but outside of the perch folder.

That made the issue go away! Thank goodness.

Thanks guys, I figured it out without anyone's help I guess.

Hope the same problem doesn't happen to some other poor sap.