Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

page content not editable

I have a page that I can view on a site, I can view the content in the database, in the admin area the page is listed as is it's region, but I am unable to open the region. How do I get to the content in order to edit it? Thanks for your help.

SUMMARY INFORMATION
Perch: 2.8.34, PHP: 5.6.37, MySQL: 5.5.32, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.34), assets (2.8.34), categories (2.8.34), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.3)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', 'perch_blog', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /home/intakeve/public_html/admin
PERCH_CORE: /home/intakeve/public_html/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/intakeve/public_html/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 768M, Total max file upload: 128M
F1: 6a33f95eca3667f9e0c39bf5ca2980fe
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.intakevets.co.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/intakeve/public_html
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Raicheal Gallagher

Raicheal Gallagher 0 points

• 3 years ago

You should be able to click on the region name in admin to edit it.

Clicking on the region name does nothing.

So, can you edit any region in Perch admin?

yes. some pages have editable regions some not.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Do you have the role of Admin?

yes I have admin rights.

I have the same problem with my web https://mylivenettvapk.com/ please, help me too. Thanks!

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you have multiple users configured?

there are 3 users, I am Primary Admin and the are two Admins.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you're the primary admin then you automatically have access to everything.

Do you have any browser plugins or anything like that that could be modifying the way the page works?

I don't think that is an issue, some pages I can edit, some not. I think the pages that are not editable may have originally been html pages prior to perch being installed, the pages I can edit are later, ie: after perch. Any ideas?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do the pages you can't edit have any regions on them?

yes they do, I can click on the region but I have nothing to edit. Could it be because the original pages were in html and the region wants to display markdown? I hope that makes sense!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, that wouldn't cause it. Can you show us a screenshot?

Duncan Revell

Duncan Revell 78 points
Registered Developer

Hi Raicheal,

form the screen shot, it looks as if the template that is being used by the article region has been configured to use blocks.

If you look to the far right of the screenshot, you can see + Sub-heading, + Text etc - click on one of these to add a block (you will be able to add multiple blocks to the article).

I ended up copying the page source, converting it to markdown and re-entering it. Tedious but it worked.

I am facing same problem with my website https://livenettvapk.live I've tried clicking on tyhe region name in admin to edit it. This didn't work. Please help me out.

Welcome to the world of TV & Live TV Channels. Here you will get the popular guide like Live Net TV APK Download 2018, Live NetTV App for PC / Firestick.. - https://livenettvapkz.com/

You should be able to click on the region name in admin to edit it.

Regards, live nettv