Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Configuration

Can't access Perch admin

Hi, I may have broken something. :-/

I successfully installed Perch and edited the 'Perch' folder to 'admin' so login would be [site name]/admin/. I also successfully accessed the admin and even changed the branding, etc.

Then I had some trouble setting up content areas, and in a misguided effort to troubleshoot I renamed the 'admin' folder 'perch.' (I thought something was wrong with my file paths somewhere.) This immediately made the admin inaccessible, so I renamed it back to 'admin.' When renaming I also edited the php include to match the correct file name(s).

Now when I try to access the login area, I get this error message:

Warning: include(/home/content/78/9907078/html/perch/core/index.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/78/9907078/html/perch/index.php on line 3 Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/78/9907078/html/perch/core/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/78/9907078/html/perch/index.php on line 3

Since everything I changed is back in its original place I don't know what else to do. Luckily the site was just beginning its Perch transition so hardly any work was lost... Do I have to reinstall?

Lindsay Masten

Lindsay Masten 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

"No such file or directory" means that the file is not found.

You probably don't need to install but you do need to make sure that everything is where Perch believes it should be.

Thanks Rachel — I left it for a few hours and it's allowing me access now. When I "put things back" the host didn't immediately update.