Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Forum

Invoicing Add-On

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if anyone knows of a invoicing add-on available for Perch?

I have found one for Wordpress... wp-client.com but this obviously wouldn't work with Perch.

Any ideas?

Conor

Conor Harkins

Conor Harkins 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What functionality are you describing?

Hi Drew,

Apologies for the vague description.

By this, I mean an invoicing solution (such as Sage/Xero) whereby I could create/send invoices to clients and allow them to login through our portal to view all invoices.

This is possible through the add-on I included above but is only available on Wordpress.

Let me know if you think this would be possible.

Conor

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It would certainly be possible to create with Perch, yes.

Ok. So I would need to create this from scratch? It isn't something that is available already?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's correct.

Ok.

Is this something I could use Perch Shop for? Could I tweak this app in order to do what I want? Or would you suggest starting from scratch?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You'd need to make that determination yourself.

I have thought about this for a while and am coming to a conclusion that using a the members app is the best place to start. Look for a CRM that can include an api call to any external url - in your case a members page.

Hi Ian,

Do you have any examples of popular CRM that would work in this instance?

I'm just thinking how I can achieve this with very little knowledge of Perch.

Any further thoughts on this?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sorry, who from?

Apologies Drew.. I meant from Ian.

Duncan Revell

Duncan Revell 78 points
Registered Developer

Conor,

unfortunately, you will need to create a custom app to meet this requirement - which requires a quite detailed knowledge of Perch. As Ian says, the members app will provide you with the ability to create a portal, but you will need the custom app to query a Xero or Sage API to create/retrieve the invoices. The shop app is not going to help in this instance (although studying the code will give you some ideas about the functionality you could include).

A CRM solution will most likely not provide you with invoicing capability.

Conor,

I used perch shop to build a ticketing system for a local symphony. What I was not able to do within the shop app, I was able to accomplish by using FileMaker with an ODBC driver to read from the Perch Tables. Using FileMaker, I was able to create tickets from season packages, sales reports, and everything that was kind of beyond the scope of Perch Shop. I'm very happy with the solution.

Just an idea, don't know that it answers your particular needs. -- Monty

Sorry Connor have been off air. Duncan has detailed my thinking. And yes a CRM tends to focus on sales leads in pretty awfull American models . A dedicated invoicing SAS like Zero may offer the kind of API I am thinking off. Although members App does not offer the Auth data you'll need for the invoicing views. I have found most perch apps easily extended with additional fields and would start there. Also Stripe's various Apps may offer a clue to integration via their list of integrations. you will find most of the emerging invoicing solutions with stripe integration. Sorry I don't have the url but I"m sure it's still there somewhere.