Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Discussion

Perch feature request...

This is a request for better navigation in perch admin's listing functionality.

When working with many records, I often need to go record-to-record to process things.

For example, in Perch Shop, when I process orders, I'll sometimes have three listing pages of orders to change the status of. But clicking back to the list takes me to the first page of records. Then I have to navigate to the listing page where the last record I was working on was to get to the next record.

A couple ideas...

1. NEW: Next and previous record links. (would be so nice)
  2. IMPROVEMENT: When on a detail screen, when I click the the link to go back to the list, take me back to the page of records that includes the record I've just linked from, NOT the first page of records.*

*This would be a HUGE improvement for anyone who has to work through many records at a time. The above example uses shop orders as an example, but would apply to all of perch admin's listing pages.

(I would think the link to the record (from the list) could include &page=2 which would allow the link back to the list to know where to go)

thanks! Monty (currently working through many listing items :)

Monty Lewis

Monty Lewis 2 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you used the previous and next functionality in Collections? Does that do about the sort of thing you're thinking about for elsewhere?

Yes, exactly.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, thanks.