Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Asset Search - using part of a file name in search?

Quick question on search in the "Assets" section.

Can you search for part of a file name? It doesn't seem to generate any results? Searching for files names using whole words in files name does...

EG: If we have some files called "ddd123", "ddd456" and "ddd789" - by searching "ddd" nothing comes up. If we have file names "ddd 123", "ddd 456" and "ddd 789" - by searching "ddd" you DO get results.

Also, is there any way to adjust the paging settings for listing of assets?

Thanks.

Stuart Farrell

Stuart Farrell 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

How about if the search string is more than 3 characters?

No joy.

For example, one image was called "Destination". If I search for any amount of letters of this word less than the full word, nothing comes up??

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you trying to match the file name or the image title?

The file name, which was also auto populated into the Title for image when we upgraded CMS to latest version.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'll take another look at it. Hard to track down, as it works fine for me unfortunately.

Just note, this is happening on an upgrade from 2.4 to latest version. So might only be happening for old assets. I will do some tests on new assets as well.

Summary settings:

Perch: 2.5.4, PHP: 5.3.27, MySQL: 5.1.70, with MySQLi Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.5.4), assets (2.5.4), perch_blog (4.0.3) App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php'); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /cms PERCH_PATH: /home/blumenth/public_html/stage/cms PERCH_CORE: /home/blumenth/public_html/stage/cms/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/blumenth/public_html/stage/cms/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 128M Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/blumenth/public_html/stage HTTP_HOST: stage.blumenthalphotography.com.au REQUEST_URI: /cms/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /cms/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

We too experience a zero result if we Search Assets on an incomplete title (greater than 3 characters)