Forum

Thread tagged as: Installation, Configuration

Initial Perch Setup Loop

I'm going through the Perch setup process, successfully it seems with green ticks at the testing stage after entering the license key, but when I click on the 'Login' button it loops back round to the Server Checks (step 1). Any ideas of thoughts?

Andrew Hunt

Andrew Hunt 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Does your perch/config/config.php file get written to?

Yes, the relevant details seems to have been written to the config.php file.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are the tables created in the database?

There are 21 tables in the database.

What happens if you delete the setup folder?

I get a 404: The requested URL /perch/setup/server/ was not found on this server.

Check your ftp uploads - I regularly have to sync ftp upload Perch files ( core etc ) one or twice with because ( why!! ? I use Panic Transmit ) it seems to overlook some files and required duplicate loads. I have to say this is a mystery to me... I never had this issue.

There were no failed uploaded files. (I still had Filezilla open and checked). However, I deleted all Perch files and started again. Same thing happened. I entered all details, got the green lights, clicked the login button and it threw me back to the server setup screen. Not happy :(

PS This is not my first Perch installation. I have used Filezilla before and I have not seen this issue before.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

With the information provided I have no suggestions as to why that's happening.

Is it working in your dev environment?

Strange. I've gone to try this in the dev environment this morning and the user login came up. Seems like the problem has resolved itself. :/

I was going to suggest an alternate server... which i guess this is kinda...so this may be a browser or server cache issue.

I did a complete browser history delete yesterday when I was trying to diagnose. I didn't make a difference then.

Unlucky me , i am facing this issue as of now .

any sort of resolutions?

Hi all - this has happened to me several times now can be very annoying. Today it happened again (had to reinstall MAMP so lost all my dbases) and I got caught in the setup loop. This was in Chrome on a Mac - I took the url and tried it in Safari - no problem - straight to the login. So I cleared the cache in Chrome, with Web Developer Tools, and bingo - got the log in screen. Hope that helps.

Sometimes MAMP and Mac cache files need clearing. ( DNS or whatever tbh i'm not sure ) I find that rebooting and or running a few unix maintenance commands then rebooting fixes up a lot of annoying MAMP errors.