Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, Forum

Members Reset Password

Hi again guys...

Does anyone know of a way for me to reset a users password from within the Perch Members admin section? I have disabled the reset password option and want users to reset their password through me - it will be a very small group of users.

I can mess with the admin template and get the hashed password to show but cannot change it.

Conor Harkins

Conor Harkins 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I don't think there is a way, no.

Any update from anyone regarding being able to change a users password for the members app through the admin dashboard?

Delete the person and add them again.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

As Drew noted there isn't a way to do that, why don't you want users to control their own passwords?

It was just to have as a backup as people may not be as computer literate as we would like them to be. They will be able to control their own passwords but it would be nice to be able to reset their password while they're on the phone to me or for me to be able to send a new password to their email.

Ok Conor, while I don’t suggest this as it’s a security risk, but you can add perch_forms to the app attribute on the register.html form and when the member registers their clear password will be stored. However I strongly suggest you don’t store passwords in the clear. But it can be done.