Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Pull values from a global region to be used as a select box on another region fo...

OK, so let's say I set up a global, multi-item region call Colours. Each item within that region would list available colours for a product range (using a repeater).

So this would be the scenario:

Colours (region)

• Colours A (item)

• Black (repeater)
    • Red
    • White

And then

• Colours B (item 2)

• Gold
    • Silver
    • Bronze

(sorry, had serious trouble trying to lay that out to make sense in your editor just then!)

Is it possible to then pull the list of item titles (Colours A | Colours B) and output to a select box for another region where the user would create the product? So for each product they simply need to select Colours A or Colours B from a drop down box rather than having to enter each individual colour available for each product. The drop down box would of course be dynamic so that it updates automatically when a new colour range is added or one is deleted.

Then on the public facing site, there would be a select box for that product that lists all the colours listed under the Colours A item.

Am I making sense? Is there any way to do this?

Lisa Morena

Lisa Morena 1 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you using the Shop app? That manages this.

Does it? Well no, I wasn't. I don't need PayPal - just an email sent with order details.

Oh, I see you have a new, all singing all dancing shop app! Can this be used to simply send an email to the owner so that they can send out an invoice manually for payment via BACS or something?

The other reason I wasn't looking into the shop app was because I was looking into the Members App instead. You see, I need to be able to control what members see what product ranges. So some may be seen by all, some by just one and some ranges may be seen by three or four members..... I got stuck on how I could get that to work too! ( https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/08-09-2016-members-app-make-certain-content-on-the-page-only-visible-to-certain-individual-members )

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, that would be using the 'manual' gateway - you can set the order to a custom status and proceed with it how you wish.

Shop also uses Members, so there would be no change there.

Oh, OK. Any ideas how I would be able to assign individual members to a product? It is for wholesale products and some products will have exclusivity within a 20 mile radius for example, so some products may be available for only one client, some for 3 or 4 clients and others for all registered clients.

It is causing me a bit of a headache trying to get my head around it!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I would use tags in the Members app for that.

OK and to clarify, the whole colours thing will work on the Shop App with standard Perch, not Perch Runway?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What volumes of content are you looking at?

Oh not very much. Starting with just 10 products (with 62 colours) and adding another 10 or so every 6-12 months.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That should be ok, I would have thought.