Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Suggestions, Discussion

Asset Upload - Preserve case of file when referenced in the interface

Hey Guys,

Maybe a bit of a 'picky' one this, but is there a way to control the display of the assets in the interface? Currently it seems to be using uppercase for the first word and then lower for all the remaining. I find this a little messy, but that is perhaps just me.

Take an example, I uploaded a load of PDF files - each file had been named in title case (so a capitol latter for the start of each word). - however, when these assets appear in perch the have been converted like so: https://cl.ly/image/0l3V0M2R0F0g

This might not be too much f an issue, but it would be nice to either control the output of the titles in the admin interface or at least preserver the same as what is going in. I full understand and appreciate that the slug/filename of the document needs converting to a web-friendly URL (LC and no spaces).

Any thoughts?

Thanks Terry

Terry Upton

Terry Upton 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Those titles are a rough tidying of the file name. You can edit the titles once uploaded.

My concern was that they look a little 'rough' in the assets picker list. Is it possible to control what is displayed in there not what is output on the site? If so how would I go about changing this?

Thanks.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The asset title is pre filled based on the file name. The intention is that you'd edit this to be whatever title you want the asset to have.

OK Drew. I understand, hadn't realised you could edit the asset name in the assets panel. I had just being using them directly in the template and adding them from there.

It would be nice if the title could be pre filled with title case though or to match what is uploaded :-)