Forum

Thread tagged as: Error

Bucket name not displaying when adding a second asset

I've built a template for a client that has a 3 fields: a title, an image upload and a file upload. The image and the file both have buckets.

The image is first, and the assets panel opens and works nicely, adding the image to the correct bucket. If you then go to add a file, its bucket doesn't display in the assets 'drop zone'. The file is actually uploaded into the correct bucket, so the functionality is ok. It's just the bucket name is missing which made me wonder if it was going to go to the right place.

I forgot about it and took the client through a preview/training session and they noticed it too, so I guess it must be slightly disorienting and not just me being anally retentive :P

You can get around it by saving the region between adding the image and the file…

The same thing happens with any asset – 2 images, a file then an image, loads of images, etc.: the first asset added has the bucket name and after that the bucket doesn't appear. It also doesn't seem to matter whether it's the same bucket or different buckets.

It only happens when a file has been uploaded the first time. So if I open the assets drawer and select an existing asset, it doesn't lose the bucket name if I open the drawer a second time.

Thanks for taking a look :)

Here's my config:

Perch: 2.8.11, PHP: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.11, MySQL: 5.5.44, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.11), assets (2.8.11), categories (2.8.11), perch_backup (1.2)
App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /srv/www/lcf24d.tempertemper.net/web/perch
PERCH_CORE: /srv/www/lcf24d.tempertemper.net/web/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /srv/www/lcf24d.tempertemper.net/web/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 2M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: lcf24d.tempertemper.net
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /srv/www/lcf24d.tempertemper.net/web
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Let me know if you want to see my templates.

Martin Underhill

Martin Underhill 5 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's a known issue.

Cool :)

Hi Drew,

I should've asked, but is there a public list of know issues? Just that it took a wee while to test that with different asset types and write it up in (arguably :D ) a semi-coherent manner.

Cheers,

Martin :)

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There's not, no, as we try to fix things and get a release through as soon as possible.

No worries – just in case I was missing a list :)