Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Assets preview thumbnails not showing

Hi,

I have no thumbnails showing when I open the assets drawer.

I remember them being visible, however now I cannot see any! Any tips? Thanks

Adam Menczykowski

Adam Menczykowski 1 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You'd need to give us some more information. We can't reproduce your issue otherwise.

Thanks Rachel,

I'm running Perch 2.5.4 locally All other functions are working fine.

When viewing the assets drawer I get this:

https://stanmore.menczykowski.co.uk/noassets.png

however there are 3-4 images with thumbnails (the oldest ones right at the bottom on page 4)

https://stanmore.menczykowski.co.uk/someassets.png

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Were the thumbnails there when you added the assets?

No I don't think they ever where

Uploading new images results in no preview thumbnails showing

It is the same behaviour locally with MAMP and also on my Linode server.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you show me the diagnostics report?

Perch is up to date PHP 5.5.3 is up to date MySQL 5.5.33 is up to date Image processing available SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.5.4, PHP: 5.5.3, MySQL: 5.5.33, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler Installed apps: content (2.5.4), assets (2.5.4), perch_blog (4.1), perch_forms (1.7), perch_gallery (2.8.5) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'perch_forms', 'perch_blog', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /Users/adammenczykowski/Sites/TPMC - Stanmore/dev.stanmoreltd/perch PERCH_CORE: /Users/adammenczykowski/Sites/TPMC - Stanmore/dev.stanmoreltd/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/adammenczykowski/Sites/TPMC - Stanmore/dev.stanmoreltd/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: dev.stanmore DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/adammenczykowski/Sites/TPMC - Stanmore/dev.stanmoreltd REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I can't see any reason why thumbnails wouldn't be generating.

Is there a 'flush' I can do to force regeneration of the thumbnails?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, the thumbnails are generated when the image is uploaded.

To be clear, you don't get thumbnails at any point? Does image resizing work anywhere?

Hi,

Resizing works. No thumnails for any new images. Some of the earlier images thumbnails are still there, but not any recent or newly added ones.

It seems that resizing isn't working.

Neither is thumbnail generation for any images bar the 3-4 oldest images in the assets library.

Would changing the image processing library to imagick help?

It is also the case that if I have a repater which contains an image, the image is not displayed as a thumbnail nor are the file details shown, however the uploaded image works in the page using that repeater.

Is there any other information you require to try to think of a solution for this?

Or any tests that I could perform to highlight the issue better?

Thanks

Struggling to update the website without thumbnails in Assets. Can you help me please?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does it work in your dev environment?

Neither in the dev environment nor on server.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Have you updated to 2.6?