Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Members

Fatal error when using the mebers app

Hi

I have used the members app on many sites, i am creating a new site and can not get the members page to load.

I have added it to the apps.php file and it appears to have created all the sql tables.

I have tried to add debug but as i am getting fatal error is it not outputting anything.

I created a base perch install and are still getting the same issue, I have no issue with any other app on the site - forms and gallery

error message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function perch_member_logged_in() in D:\xampp\htdocs\base\members\index.php on line 28

if i remove the offending code and just try and display the login form i get.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function perch_members_login_form() in D:\xampp\htdocs\base\members\index.php on line 34

Regards,

Brett

Brett Warne

Brett Warne 0 points

• 7 years ago

Just an update yo say i have installed all the latest versions of perch and apps

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you show me the contents of your apps.php file?

<?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'perch_gallery', 'perch_forms', 'perch_members', );

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you verify that the perch/addons/apps/perch_members/runtime.php file has uploaded correctly and isn't empty?

Hi Drew , Yes it is there and not empty.

i loaded perch 2.53 and a new database

perch install fine again the sql tables are there but when i go to /members/index.php or /members/register.php the page return

problem loading page The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

the /example.php page load fine.

Regards,

Brett

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What's in your PHP error log?

Hi

I cleaned it out when i added perch 2.53 to see any new errors, it is clean

I have been able to get the page to load if i take out perch_members_login_form();

I can also get it to run if i replace perch_members_login_form(); with perch_members_form('login_form.html');

Regards,

Brett

Hi Drew

I have found the issue

if i take out the <perch:member logged-in="true">

<p>Hi <perch:member id="first_name" />, you are logged in</p>

<perch:else:member />

part of the login_form.html it loads fine

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Hi Drew

That worked, Thanks for the help, you may want to include this in the doco.

Regards,

Brett

Brett Warne said:

Hi Drew

That worked, Thanks for the help, you may want to include this in the doco.

Regards,

Brett

Just spent two hours on this issue. A mention in the docs would've been helpful. Sorted now.